Saturday, October 20, 2007

My arm is so painful!

Well I don't know what I have done but my arm is amazingly painful. John thinks it is due to excessive Christmas card making and he may be right. The 40 I have made up to now have needed quite a lot of 'scissor' cutting so whether that has something to do with it or not I have no idea. I do know I am having to rest my arm on my knee to type this which is not the comfiest of positions but at least it is less painful like this. I did manage to get some scrapping done today though whilst the painkillers were at their most effective but I am certainly paying for it now!

Anyway today's offering is this cute mini book. It is a 4 x 4 size and as usual includes acetate! I just can't stop using that stuff at the moment.
The front and back are acetate pages and I added a border of gold leaf to the front just for a touch of elegance. There are a couple more acetate pages inside as well.
I love the effect of being able to see the patterned paper through the clear acetate. The adhesive ribbon on the back is from my ScrapRoom kit. I've never used it before but now I am hooked. I NEED to buy some now!
To make the album you need 2 pieces of acetate measuring 8" x 4" and two strips of double sided paper measuring the same. Fold them all in half and then fit them inside each other in the order acetate, paper, acetate, paper. Tear a 2" wide strip of paper and use to cover the folded edge. Use brads or eyelets to hold together. Then just decorate as you wish. I made some pockets on a couple of the pages and added tags for extra journalling. I always cut my photographs the same size so they fit back to back on the acetate with no messy bits showing. Anyway give this a try and just email me if you get stuck! You should end up with a really cute mini book which is a perfect little gift for someone special.

Off to rest the arm a bit more now. I hate not being able to scrap especially when the only thing on tv at the moment in our house is rugby. I should have had more daughters instead of sons! Anyway have a great evening what ever you are doing.

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

That's lovely Julie! Love the acetate intermingled with the other pages.
Get that arm looked at missus, and stop using it until it has mended!
xxx

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!

Hope your arm is feeling a whole lot better xx