Friday, October 19, 2007

Goodness how time flies!

Well with one thing or another this week has just flown past. I have done plenty of scrapping and have even started my Christmas cards! How good is that? I've decided to use acetate on most of them this year and I have the main idea completed but just need 'something extra' but don't know what it is yet!

The demo at Hobbycraft went well last week end and lots of people were very impressed with the Cricut ....as they should be. The staff there were lovely. And even if they are not the 'craftiest' people in the world they were very friendly and helpful.

I ran a basic scrapbooking class on Sunday at Craftrange which was well attended as usual. Everyone managed to complete 4 layouts and they all picked up loads of ideas and inspiration from me and everyone else there. I do love those classes. There should be another one a week on Sunday if you fancy coming along.

My plan to scrap at least three 'older' photos a week of the children is still on track. I have actually managed to do 6 last week so that gives me a bit of leeway for this week!

This is one of Kim when she was about 4 and uses papers from my monthly Scrap Room kit. I look at the papers and embellishments when they arrive and think 'Where am I ever going to use those?' But to be honest I usually do and it definitely takes me out of my comfort zone. Most of the papers are double sided which is perfect as you then have even more of a choice. I can't wait for this months to come.

On the home front everything has been pretty quiet this week. William got news that his Business Studies paper which the school sent to be remarked had been graded A instead of B. Seemingly a whole question had been missed and not marked!! So he is a happy bunny.

On Wednesday evening I stood as Godmother for my best friend's son. He has decided at the age of 13 that he wishes to be baptised into the Catholic faith. What an amazing young man he is to make such a decision at that age. I am honoured to be asked to support and help him along this spiritual path. The sacrament was carried out in the chapel at St Mary's Hall which is the prep school attached to Stoneyhurst College. The occasion was made all the more special as it was very much a small family 'affair' with wine and nibbles provided by the college afterwards and then we all went out for a meal. A lovely evening and very special. Thank you, James, for letting me be a part of it all.

Anyway jobs to do! I'll be back later.

No comments: