Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Year of Smiles!



Well, it's finished! An idea I got from my friend Melanie Heaton, a very creative lady, was this gorgeous calendar which is just right for doting grandparents! Melanie used bookrings to join the months together but I thought ribbon would be better. The whole thing is double sided showing just 6 months at a time.


Each 'month' measures 6 x 4 inches and I have used thick mount board covered with MM papers and added a small calendar. It is really then up to personal taste how much and what embellishments you add. The months are linked with a strip of ribbon which is then tied over with loads of other coordinating ribbons! This one is for my daughter's mother-in-law who luckily does not read my blog! I am in the process of making up a 'boy' one as well so I will show you that as soon as it's completed.

I am hoping to make some kits up of the mountboard, papers, calendar and ribbons along with full instructions and get them on sale early next week. So watch out for them appearing! These are really fun projects to do and you end up with a stunning gift for someone special!

No comments: