Sunday, September 23, 2007

I didn't think I would but I do.

Love using acetate in albums, I mean! I just couldn't get my head round the idea at first but now I really enjoy using it. I've just finished this mini book about my Scrap-a-ganza weekend earlier this year. Funnily enough the first page I ever did in an album using acetate was the Scrappy Cats class in 2006! I never thought 12 months later that they would be all the rage. I must admit I love the effect of how a picture appears to be just hanging in space!









The papers are from a kit I bought from Jillybean's Scrapyard which was in the sale. Gorgeous papers and at a great price as well! I have only used a few for the book so there is plenty left for other projects. I used the acetate to make a 'shaker' style front to the book and then added both acetate pages and plain pages with inserts for all my journalling. I also put a couple of smaller pages in to add variety. I'm really please with the overall look and I hope it inspires others to have a go. I can't keep up with the sales of the acetate packs at the moment but have just managed to get some more back in so get in there quick if you want some!

I'm off to have a go at a real special project now. It may end up being my next kit release but I will have to see how it goes first. Have a great Sunday everyone.

No comments: