Friday, September 28, 2007

Weekend again.

I just can't believe how the weeks are flying by. I'm sure it must be something to do with getting older. When I was young some days just seemed to go on and on and on. But now they fly past faster than a speeding bullet! And so we are back to another weekend!

We are off out tomorrow night for the first time in ages and I'm really looking forward to it. As we are having a meal as well as a few drinky poos I hope I don't blow my weight lost from last week. I may not have told you but I have joined our local Slimming World group. A lovely girl called Vicky runs it. I spent last week stuffing my face with all sorts which did not seem much like dieting to me. So I was ready for a bit of a downer last Tuesday and I told Vicky that I didn't think I had got the hang of this red day / green day lark. However a loss of 6lbs shows I must have done something right. So there I was 'Slimmer of the Week'. I have never ever been that before! So I have done the same this week and will wait and see what Tuesday brings. You never know, this could just be the way forward for me to shift this weight!

Anyway I am sure there will be plenty of time for crafting this weekend despite the odd bit of housework which needs doing. I also have a couple of orders left to pack tomorrow morning before the post office run. I've a couple of projects I want to work on this week so they should keep my mind off food.

I must tell you, I have had so much interest in the calendar which I put on here the other day. Loads of people have been asking when the kits will be available. I am hoping that the chipboard will arrive this weekend so they should be on the site by Monday. I have also taken orders for some from a few of our 'non crafting' friends.

I've been scrapping some photos of Samhara with her new nursery uniform on. She was so excited to start on her first day and seems to have settled in smoothly. I used some of the papers from my Scraproom kit for this layout and I also managed to fit in a hidden place, for more photos or journalling. You know how much I like my 'hidden' bits!




The letters were cut on the Expression and rather than use chipboard I cut each letter four times and stuck them on top of one another. I really love the effect it gives. It's not as prominent as chipboard but still manages to give a smashing 3d feel.The journalling, which hasn't shown up too well, is a short poem about going to nursery for the first time.

Anyway off to scrap some more. See you all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great night out Julie, love the LO by the way

Karen Mortensen said...

Sorry Julie but you have been tagged ;o)
Pop by my blog for details.