Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not long now!!

Only 3 days left before Christmas and I hope you are all on track with your plans. I am not doing too badly after a shaky start which nearly sent everything haywire! Then having to take just under a week out to go University visiting, it could have all fallen apart but thankfully I think I am ok. There will always be the last minute dash, of course, to find or buy the one thing I've forgotten.

The Uni visits went well. We had a busy few days but it was great fun, though a bit nerve wracking for the boys. Thomas has heard from Plymouth already and although they can't offer him a place on the course he wanted, they have said they want to offer him a place on another one. He was a bit disappointed- to say the least-but we have had a talk about it and he is much happier. He has had a good read up on the course they want to offer him and he can still get into teaching at the end of it.So he will put that down as his insurance choice with Cumbria as his first choice.

We have not heard from Cambridge yet but I really couldn't cope with a letter from there before Christmas especially if it contains the word 'unfortunately'! It either has to be a 'yes' or have the decency not to arrive before the new year.

My Christmas journal is progressing well and I am only a couple of pages out which isn't bad at all. I have used the prompts in my own way but if something special has happened on that day then I have gone with that instead and used the prompt on a different day. That is the way which suits me best.





I've added these so that you can see the first seven days of layouts. As I said the prompts are not always used on the days suggested. On day 6 there is a large flap which lifts up for the journalling and more photos. Hopefully I will upload the others before Christmas if time allows.

Off to sort my turkey out now. It needs to defrost so I can soak it for a couple of days in one of Nigella's concoctions. I cooked the 'spiced ham' (which we are having today) and 'rocky mountain road' which is a scrummy biscuit, marshmallow and chocolate munchie!

No comments: