Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's a cold start to the month!

Yes, it's definitely looking like it's winter. It seems so many years since we had a cold, harsh winter but I feel we really need them. The freezing cold helps get rid of all the bugs and germs which linger around and often kills off a lot of the 'nasties' which we can manage with out. We had our first snowfall on Monday night and today has been freezing. It is a bit lethal out on the pavements although most of the roads are clear in our area. However it is looking like there is going to be a massive snow fall overnight so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I could do with some decent 'snow' pictures to scrap!

I have signed up for Shimelle's 'Journal your Christmas' this year. It is something I have been meaning to do for a few years but have never got round to it. As this is really the boys last Christmas at home I thought it was about time I knuckled down and got on with it. Shimelle sends you prompts and tips everyday to help you create a layout and put down on paper what that day / theme actually means to you. The first prompt was the manifesto for the journal but I have kept a separate part for that so I have a space for December 1st. I do have a couple of ideas but am waiting to see if Shimelle uses them on other days first.

The prompt for December 2nd was 'Weather' and as I said earlier we had our first snowfall for years so that was an easy one to do!


I am using a Heidi Swapp 9 x 9 album so I have a decent sized page to work with. I have journaled my thoughts about Christmas weather and added a couple of photos in a pocket. The snowflake is a chipboard one covered with white Bazzill and with a few sparkly gems added. I am allowing myself a set period of time each night to complete the page so there won't be time to be too fiddley with things! Overall I am happy with how this one has turned out. I will try and keep you updated more regularly with my progress!

On the university front things have moved on a pace. William has had offers from Leeds, Lancaster, Durham and Warwick and we are off to Cambridge next week for an interview at Emmanuel. Thomas has been to Ambleside and has received an offer from them so that is really good news. He liked it a lot and I think it will suit him as it is small and cosy but they have a good reputation for turning out good teachers. But as he said...it's not Plymouth! Never mind we will just have to keep our fingers crossed for both their interviews and hope they do well in them.

Well, off to do some scrapping now. See you later!

No comments: