Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bathroom bargains!

Well, we didn't manage to get to B&Q yesterday as I felt a bit weary and cold so we stayed in and did nothing instead. However we did get there first thing this morning and managed to save a fortune. We have decided to keep our bath as it is an old enamelled one and you just can't get them like that any more (not in our price range anyway), plus the toilets is fairly new so we just needed a new sink. All bathroom stuff is 1/2 price plus 15% off at B&Q. That includes the taps and everything. Although the taps weren't cheap at least John didn't cry in pain as he paid for them!

We didn't get any tiles as I haven't got the picture in my head yet of how I want it. I am going to wander through some bathroom sites over the next couple of days and try and find something which jumps out at me. I'm having the laminate flooring taken up and cushioned vinyl put down again as I've never really taken to the laminate and am slowly removing it all from the house! There's plenty to do before we get to that stage anyway, with the ceiling and walls all needing attention, but with John having plenty of time on his hands in the New Year at least it won't take as long as it might have.

I'm cooking a goose for tea. I must admit I have never had one before and it may be an unmitigated disaster but we shall see. I have taken advice from Nigella so fingers crossed. I think John is going to do his famous creamed leeks as well so Thomas and I will fight over them instead.

I managed to do a couple of layouts yesterday. Not for the Christmas Journal but the real 12 x 12 size! I must admit it felt a bit odd!

The first one is of Rhianna. She really does have an amazing voice. So sweet and pure. God knows where she gets it from as it is definitely not from me or her mother. I may sing with great gusto, especially hymns, but it is just so much out of tune!

This is Samhara and the biggest present this year. Her face was a real picture when she realised it was for her. She was good enough to control her excitement long enough for us to get a photo.

Anyway, off to check the goose. Have a lovely day everyone!

No comments: