Sunday, April 13, 2008

How they've grown!

Well I have worked hard today despite this dreadful cold /virus thing still lingering. I have resorted to inhaling eucalyptus vapours under a table cloth as I am not allowed any of the cold medications on sale. The pharmacist went through loads of them in Boots this morning but we have resorted to the good old aromatherapy again!

Anyway back to the scrapping. I've finished this accordion book today which I'm using as one of my class samples next month.

The book was from 'Creative Imagination's' and is about 10" x 6". I used a mixture of papers but mainly Rusty Pickle. The embellishments came from all over...7 Gypsies, Luxe Designs, SEI and most of the chipboard was DCWV along with Making Memories.

This is a little leather flower shape with a small black and white Doodlebug embellishment adhered on to it to give a bit more depth and texture. The letter is DCWV chipboard outlined with black dots.

Each of the photos is mounted with foam pads and there are tags behind each one with a bit of journalling about that time in their live. I just love my hidden journalling!

It always surprises me that so many different makes and styles of embellishments can go together very easily and sit so comfortably with one another. Here there is 7 Gypsies, Luxe, Making Memories and TLC.

I loved doing this as it was great to see the boys growing up before my very eyes. I can't believe how worried we were when they first came home after 5 weeks in NICU. Doesn't time fly?

Happy scrapping.

No comments: