Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exploding / peekaboo box.

I've had various people ask me about these and as I am doing a class in a couple of weeks I thought I would post the info on here. I can't begin to think how many times I have made these little boxes or how many classes I have done. They are an all time classic and are suitable for so many different occasions. The one I have here is a mixture of both a peek-a-boo box and an exploding box. Many people, when making the exploding box cut out the four corners of the largest square. I have to say I always leave mine on as I feel it gives a much sturdier and cleaner finish to the box. This is where the overlap between the two sorts of boxes occurs.



This is a peek-a-boo book with a little mini book in the middle. It is perfect for adding numerous photos and the mini book can be used for journalling as well. This can be made with just two sheets of card stock.

For an exploding box you just need to remove the mini book and add two inner layers which are each slightly smaller than the previous one. These need to be adhered using the centre squares. This gives you the option for many more photographs and embellishments.

To give the box a special 'twist' just use a brad rather than adhesive to fix all the layers together. You can then fan all the layers out to give a stunning arrangement.

And finally.....the box completed and closed. You would never guess the secrets it holds just from the looking at the outside!

If you would like instructions for this box just leave a comment and include your email addy. I will then send a copy off to you. Comments on this blog are moderated so email addys will not be displayed.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

hiya Julie

Would love a copy o the instructions pleas, thanks Kirsty x

MiniOwner said...

I love this! Must have a go!

Sue x