Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Well, it seems to have been a busy week. I don't know where the time has gone. I am still trying to find a dress for Sarah's wedding and have finally found two possibilities. One is a floaty blue trouser suit which John and William hate but I like. And the other is a skirt and top in purpley pink colours which we all like. I will have to try them on and decide. I have ordered the flowers and button holes so that is another thing crossed off my list. We have sorted Rhianna's dress and Kim has got hers. The lads have been told to get their suits cleaned and Thomas needs some new black shoes. Apart from me then everyone is sorted so I had better get a move on!

I've had a few emails and messages asking for some instructions for a mini book which I have always called a 'T' book. These are cute little books which can be made any size and are great for holding tags or little messages. Here is a sample which still needs to be decorated.



I have tried to search out the instructions but have failed miserably so I have had to make this one up so I can remember what to do!


Cover: Take 1 x sheet of paper / card stock measuring 12" x 3". Score at 4 1/2", 5", 9 1/2" and 10 ". (Figure 3)

Pages: Take 1 x sheet of paper / card stock measuring 8 1/2" x 6". With the right side of the card face down and with the piece of card longest side horizontal score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". (Figure 1)

Fold and crease along these score lines to make a long thin flat pocket. Put double sided tape on the small 'tab' section and fold under to close. Score at 4"and 4 1/2 ". (Figure 2)


Make three of these pocket pages and stack together on top of one another. Make two small holes on the middle section as shown on the diagrams and make matching ones on the cover. Thread ribbon through from the inside of the book and tie on the outside. Fold the cover over and use magnets or velcro to close.
Cut and decorate your tags. These should measure approx 2 1/2" x 4 1/4". Round the corners to finish.




Some tips: It is usually easier to decorate the pages and especially the cover before putting the book together. Although I used heavy weight paper for this sample it is often better to use a medium / lighter weight paper instead for the pages. A heavy weight card stock is best for the cover. When everything is done and you are putting the 'finished' book together add a small piece of d/s tape between the pages on the spine section and stick them together. This just makes for a more secure finish. Hope that's ok for you all. As you may know I am more of a 'do-er' than a 'put it down on paper' person so please let me know if there is anything I haven't explained clearly!

1 comment:

pigglet said...

i was the original person asking so this is great this looks amazing thank you for taking the time to share this with me and everyone else.
christine (pigglet)