Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A cuddle book!

I never thought of it like that before but I suppose it is true. As you may know I am a fan of making mini books of all descriptions and love to give them to relatives and friends. I have made a couple recently for two friends who were just feeling a bit down. One of them just burst into tears and said it was the best present she had ever had (I think emotion was getting the better of her at the time!) and the other who was just as grateful for the gift said 'Thank you so much. Every time I open the book and read it I feel like you are there giving me a cuddle.' How cool is that! I took that as one of the best compliments ever. So I have now decided to call them all 'Cuddle Books'! So here is one of my latest cuddle books:

I bought these papers ages ago and have just never got round to using them but they just seemed to be perfect for a fairly new, but very special, friend. Just a plain cover with a ribboned buckle was all I needed for the front.

I covered chipboard covers and then used cardstock for the pages. I cut them in different sizes so it gave the book a bit more depth and interest.

By just adding appropriate quotes and other small embellishments it is easy to make a very special gift for someone.

Anyway another job well done and loved by it's recipient! I must admit to probably getting as much pleasure in making these books as my friends do in receiving them!

Another bit of news is that a new online craft shop has opened which has some amazing products at very low prices. This is because the lines carried will not be the recently released stuff but just older favourites which are classic and perfect for so many ideas. Called 'Scrapbook Outlet Online' it is well worth checking out for some great bargains! I think I may just have a browse myself later....again!

Happy scrapping!!

No comments: