Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hot, hot, hot !

Yes, finally a bit of good weather at last but as usual it has to go from one extreme to the other. From pouring rain and cold winds we go to desert like conditions with the sun beating down constantly! Bit of an exaggeration there but it is blinking hot! I must admit I can't do with this heat as I get very hot and burn easily so I am more than happy to stay inside and potter round doing a bit of scrapping. John is toasting himself outside which is a bit of a sickner as he goes brown at the first sign of the sun! Both him and Tom have such dark skin to start with it doesn't take much sun to turn them even darker.

I am hoping to get the boy's birthday meal sorted this weekend. It is drawing ever closer and I can't believe they will soon be 18. We have booked a friend's restaurant for the evening for family and close friends. Three courses, a bottle or two of wine and great company....what more could you want? I asked the boy's if they wanted us to pay for a party for them but they were not that interested really and to be honest it would be a pretty mixed up do with their totally different friends! So roll on the 12th!

William has his first exam on Monday with another one later in the week and Thomas is in college all week to complete the last bits of his course work. It is going to be a very tense summer waiting for their results!

Although we only live about an hour from Liverpool it is not somewhere that we ever go to but as we were even nearer last weekend we decided to pay it a visit. Although we only managed to stroll along the dock areas there was so much to see. We never even got near the shops! I will be making sure that I have another trip out there soon!


This layout, above, shows some of the sights we enjoyed that day. The other layout, below, introduces an old friend to you all. Doctor Ted was bought for John when he was born and this magical bear has been drying tears and taking away hurts for many, many years! I was inspired to do this layout by a quote I read in Scrapbook Trends. As soon as I read it I thought of Doctor Ted. He is very battered and bruised now and is certainly balder than John but he is still called on in times of need.

Everyone who has seen this layout up to now has had a kind word to say for Doctor Ted. I will go and put him back in our bedroom where he will wait on guard ready for when he is next needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better Julie, love the 2 layouts. I didn't know you ahd a Doctor in the House lol !
Helen