Thursday, May 28, 2009

Well, the tablets seem to be working!

Finally after two weeks of pain and coughing I seem to be improving. I managed to get some sleep last night which was an absolute 'dream'! (sorry for the pun) Hopefully things will continue to get better and then we can start to work out which treatment is working. I 'm just relieved to feel human again instead of a coughing machine!

Anyway on an up side I have managed to get some scrapping done. I've had loads of inspiration from the new Scrapbook Trends magazine which I have managed to sub to. This is a US publication and it is so much better than the UK monthlies. I have been able to get it on a sporadic basis from the US but finally it is being printed over here and is so much easier to purchase. They do a 6/12/24 issue subscription and these are at great prices. The 6 issue subscription is only £30 and that includes postage. I just couldn't resist a bargain like that.

With it being a US magazine there is such a massive source of talent available. My big bug bear with the UK ones is that it is the same old faces each month who are published and they are so 'samey' and, to be honest, boring. I wouldn't mind but they think they are so great. I have to say there are a couple of UK girls who I think are good but that is about it. I know I have been scrapping for a lot of years now so have seen most of what is going round but the US girls still seem to come up with something new and a bit different. There was some mention on UKS of them asking for UK submissions and this really put me off as I want it purely for the US content. Anyway I emailed the publisher and he has replied and assured me that they will be having a maximum of three or four UK scrappers and that was all. I felt much better after reading that and will continue to sub. If it changes however I will stop my sub and go for the US download one which does not give you an actual book to hold and stroke but at least I will get the full flavoured US one and not a diluted UK publication. Anyway end of today's rant! Gosh, I feel better for that! :)

So what about my scrapping? Well here are a couple of Samhara from out weekend away.

She tried so very hard to get her kite to fly. She ran up and down the camping field for ages until her little legs would run no more but finally she managed it. Maybe it would not have won any competitions for height or duration but at least it flew!

For embellishment I cut out some kite shapes and added ribbon as the tails. I thought it added a bit more interest and dimension to leave them floating a bit rather than being stuck down flat. It certainly seemed to work quite well.

I took some inspiration from the 'Using fabric' section in Scrapbook Trends for this layout. I had some felt left over from another project so added it here as the colour matched well. A bit of stictching and some buttons seemed to give the effect I wanted quite well.



Samhara was always on the go when we were away. She makes friends very easily and this time was no different. She certainly did not have time to sit down and eat! Life is far too busy!

No comments: