Friday, May 30, 2008

Am I too old to change career again?

I have been looking at Sarah and Paul's wedding photos.......no not the ones I took. ( they are very mediocre!) but the ones the professional took. God they are amazing! Mind, I suppose it helps to have a gorgeously stunning bride and groom. There's not many traditional 'posed' ones but such a great mix of fun, romance, pomp, ceremony and laughter. I would put a link to the photographer's blog but I haven't had a reply from him yet. I am hoping to get my hands on some of them so I can scrap away til my heart's content! That will be so much fun. Scrapping with photographs like those is just a sheer pleasure. Anyway I will keep you posted!

Not much has been going on since the wedding. I think we have all had to take time out to recover from all the preparations! My lovely sister seems to have come through fairly unscathed from all the stress and strain of it all. She came round for a brew and a natter the other day and we had our usual few hours of much needed 'sister time' where we put the whole world to rights! We really should run this country, you know. LOL!

My shoulder is playing up again so I am sitting here typing with a TENS machine sending shock waves through my body......well just my shoulder and arm actually! It has been sooooo painful for the past few days I felt weary enough to go and see my GP this morning. He was as sweet as usual and avoided the use of the words 'older' 'old age' and 'years of use'. I really need to get over the fact that I am no longer a teenager and must accept the limitations of a more mature body. He also steered away from mentioning the dreaded scales although he did find my visit the ideal opportunity to take my blood pressure (which was perfectly fine by the way) and remind me that I need to have some bloods done. Oh well.

I have also been sorting out a layout and kit for my home page retailer's spot on UKS at the beginning of July. I have so much on over the next few weeks that I needed to get it organised. I am pleased that it is all done and dusted now and I just have to type up the instructions.

Next Friday Helen and I are off to Holland and I am beginning to get excited now. I just hope I can sort my shoulder out before then.

No comments: