Monday, May 05, 2008

A Grand Day Out.

Yes, just like Wallace and Grommit we have had a 'grand' day out! Over the weekend we drove down to Cambridge so William could attend an 'open day' for Downing College. Firstly I have to say that Cambridge is the most beautiful place. And coming from somewhere which is renown for it's stunning views and breath taking scenery I am an expert on these things! :) The town was lovely and the architecture? Well it was just amazing. Historic buildings looked so settled next to modern shops and with the river Cam not far away with it's punts and boats it was an idyllic setting.

William had a great time and we came away with load of information about the college and it's traditions. William fell in love with the college almost immediately and would have happily stayed there if he could. Now it is up to him to win a place there. He certainly fits all the criteria but will it be enough? We will have to wait and see. I can feel myself getting stressed already!

We took loads and loads of photos and I spent Sunday playing about with a double layout. It's back to my plain and simple style for this but I really feel the photos and the occasion warrant it.





Along with my love of hidden photos and journaling I have created a flap on the RHS layout which opens up to reveal more photos and some handwritten notes.

I really hope that William manages to achieve his goal in reading Maths there. It would be a real adventure for him and would suit him down to the ground. Watch this space.

No comments: