Sunday, May 18, 2008

All suited and booted!

Well the day finally arrived and the weather was just right..not too sunny to make the men undo their ties too soon but warm enough for the summery outfits chosen by all the women.

My niece, Sarah, looked absolutely amazing. Her dress and veil were a heavy lace and were just perfect for her. Her betrothed looked pretty gorgeous too although he was the most nervous groom I have ever seen. He was physically shaking while we were waiting for her to walk down the aisle. I suppose that is only to be expected for someone on the verge of committing their whole life to our Sarah. (Only joking Sarah!)

Andy offered to chauffeur them on the day in his Bentley and wore the appropriate head gear. I have heard that he did such a good job that he could make a career out of it if he ever decided to get a real job!

All our gang managed to do John and I proud by turning up on time, (there's a first!) and appropriately suited and booted, as my Dad would say! I asked our Paul to take a couple of photos of us all together and he did a cracking job. You can tell he used to be a professional. I think I may ask him to show me how to use my camera properly as I just keep it on 'auto' and click the button.

Here's the first layout from the wedding. All of us photographed together for the first time in years. Goodness knows when that will happen again! I may be biased but I think they all look amazing!

The reception was at Stanley House and went off perfectly. The few children who were invited ate a bit earlier than the adults and then went off into another room with a couple of nannies, a magician, a ball pit and a special toy box made especially for each of them. So as they were safely being entertained and having great fun we could all enjoy the meal and the speeches.

I felt really sorry for the Best Man and the Groom as they had to follow the Bride's Father's speech. Now our David has been speech making nearly all of his life and knows how to do a good 'un! As usual the old jokes were the best and I was glad to see he used a few that I have sent him over the years! But they both acquitted themselves extremely well! The live group were excellent and the girls from the 'hen night' performed the record they had recorded to suitably rave reviews whilst the 'stags' entertained us with air guitar to Status Quo. Our Adam even had his Grandma up dancing for the first time in seven years. A suitable job for the eldest grandson I think.

It was a really special day as Sarah is the first of all the 'cousins' to marry and after various conversations on the day she may be the only one as well. None of the other's showed the slightest interest although Kim did mention 2010 for her's but we will wait and see about that!

One thing is for sure...my Dad will have had a great time watching us all and I'm sure he would have been very, very proud.

2 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

I think wedding photos are so special when members of the family who you don't see often are all together. Love the LO! the first of many I'm sure. A great reminder of a special day.

Bagpuss said...

Sounds like such a fantastic day Julie. Really special too I agree to have a photo of you all together. I have been reading your blog and love the warmth and feeling that are in all your posts - I have never met you but it is just like having you with me!