Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I think I am hooked!

Yes, I know some people hate these Tilda stamps from Magnolia but I think I am definitely hooked. I have been playing about with a couple from my very small collection ( I have three now) and altering them slightly. I just love colouring them in and I honestly think I am going back to my childhood.

This is the 'Shy Tilda' stamp but I think she looks so cute with a bunch of flowers behind her back.

Another one with added flowers is this one. Tilda should be holding a heart hanging from a cord, as in the Valentine card I did for John, but by cutting carefully it is so very easy to adapt to her holding a flower.


Both images have been coloured slightly and I have left the wings in place on one and removed them on the other. I really love the fact that I can draw the sort of mouth I want. This in itself can change the whole image tremendously. Anyway I am so hooked that I just had to increase my collection and have another six coming over the sea as we speak. There are a few shops in this country stocking these stamps but they are invariably sold out or have a very limited range. I have found Sir Stampalot the best and that was where I bought my first three from. Unfortunately I am just too impatient and ended up ordering my next six direct from the manufacturers. I have heard they are a bit slow to ship so I will just have to be patient and wait! I am really looking forward to seeing what variations I can come up with when they do arrive.

Happy crafting!


1 comment:

cindersmcphee said...

Lovely cards. They are very addictive.