Friday, January 11, 2008

What a disaster!

Seemingly according to some other blog it looks like the amazing Basic Grey range is going to be stocked and sold by Do crafts! Yes, Do crafts...those who brought us the 'top class' papermania range, cheap as greasy chips and just as nasty! What a quick way to devalue a stunning range. I cannot believe that the folks at BG are thinking straight if they have made this decision.

I adore the whole Basic Grey range. I have bought every single one of their paper collections and some of them I just can't live without...Blush, Figgy Pudding, Lily Kate.....gorgeous! I get excited just thinking about them. The products are well designed and most of the papers are a 'must have'. However, I think, linking them with cheap and cheerful Do Crafts is a BIG mistake. Bulk buyers Do Crafts will get them for a knock down price and many of the retailer's out there will struggle to compete. Basic Grey will be in every garden centre in the country..... Crikey even my local 50p factory shop sells Papermania......and whole name of Basic Grey will end up going very much down market.

Shame!

No comments: