Sunday, April 05, 2009

She is HOW old??????

Yes, that was the reaction of one of my son's when I told him how old Tina Turner was! And yes, it is pretty unbelievable!

We went to see her last night at the MEN and she was just out of this world! Her energy was amazing and her legs really do 'go on for ever'!! I don't care if she has or has n't had a couple of things retouched, she must still look after herself to look so fantastic. There were eight of us went in our group and my brilliant brother-in-law David managed to get us a box for the evening so not only did we see the stunning Mrs Turner we also did it in style!


(Getting ready to rock with a few bottles of champagne)

(The view from our box showing the areana starting to fill up)

(Amazing staging brought the great lady out into the crowd for 'Nutbush City Limits!)

The food was quite scrummy and the champagne went down a treat, I have to say. As usual the company was just to my taste and we had our usual laughs and overall a great time was had by all. I don't think I embarrassed myself too much as no one could hear my crappy voice belting out the words to some of my favourite songs and loads of people were up dancing, waving and generally having a ball. Totally fantastic.

The atmosphere in the arena was electric and the theatrics and staging was often surprising and totally spectacular. The noise we all made nearly brought the house down when singing 'Simply the best'!

Totally fantastic night and one certainly to remember!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought that excitement might just get you blogging lol ! Good to catch up yesterday.
Helen