Sunday, January 04, 2009

P.S I love you.

Have you seen the film yet? I've watched it tonight and it was sooo good. I read the book a couple of years ago when we were on holiday and thought that was great but the film was even better. I must admit to being a bit of a 'rom com' / 'chick lit' sort of person. I used to be able to read lots of 'deep and meaningful' books and articles but now the medication won't let me. My brain goes all sort of airy and I can't pin it down to one thing. And 'deep and meaningful' things always need your full concentration.

John and I have had quite a productive day all told. We managed to get a couple of chests of drawers from IKEA yesterday. They are a really close match to the bookcases, not perfect but good enough. Great price as well...only about £50 each. We put them both in our room and have given Thomas the one we had. So finally our bedroom is beginning to take shape again finally. It has been a real mess since before Christmas, what with parcels and boxes and 'things to go to Santa'. I was despairing of ever getting it straight again. However we are now all tidy apart from the new basin and taps for the bathroom.

Getting the bathroom done is the top of John's 'to do' list now he has no job. Hopefully he will be back in employment in a few weeks, probably part time ................and then he can still get the bathroom finished and decorated!

I managed to get a bit of scrapping done this afternoon. I do like my Sunday afternoon's with their relative peace and quiet. The first one shows the gifts we received at John's 25th anniversary dinner. He'd actually been working there 26 years but I don't think they have one every year. It was a smashing evening and we had a great time. It's just a shame he was made redundant a few weeks later!!

This gorgeous photograph was taken by my friend Lynne and I just had to do a layout with it. This tree is by the roadside and, with the freezing weather conditions we have been having recently, all the spray from passing traffic has turned this tree into a thing of stunning beauty! Gorgeous!

Anyway off to check the washer now. The boys are back at college tomorrow so we can hopefully get back in a routine!

Back soon.

No comments: