Sunday, January 18, 2009

I just love Borders......

I mean the bookshop of course. I don't know if they are a national company or not but we have a few in our area and I can spend hours there! They are such comfy and welcoming places and so many surprises on every shelf. Can't you tell I am a bookaholic? Not as bad as my sister but it is certainly one trait we have in common. I had a trip over to the Preston store with John and William as they both had vouchers to spend. William finally found the maths section (of course) and seemed to find plenty to amuse him there. Too many delights for his vouchers to cope with so he had to add money too as well. John managed to browse the whole place and find nothing he fancied. How on earth can that be??? Hundreds of books about every subject on earth and he can't find something to interest him. Now me on the other hand........! As soon as I walked in the door I could see lots of books waving at me and trying to entice me over. They are just all so tempting! Anyway I came out with these....

....which I think should keep me going for a while. I'm going to give Paul McKenna a chance to make me slim as nothing else has worked so I am hoping the CD has a bit of hypnosis on it....you will not eat chocolate...you will not eat chocolate, you will not......and on and on. I really enjoy Suzannah Dunn for her historical novels. The sixth wife was great so hopefully this one about Mary Tudor will be as well. Sophie Kinsella...well you just have to read her books for a bit of indepth chic lit. I adore her easy reading style. Nothing too taxing but just a well thought out story and a very satisfying read.

I have managed to get a bit of scrapping done over the week, although I have don't have anywhere near as much time now, with working full time. This is a layout I finished the other day. The photos are views around Ambleside Campus which is one of Thomas' choices for next year.


Now this is a little project of mine which I will show you when it's finished. It's all about part of my old Convent school which sadly is no more. It is now a housing estate which I think is just totally wrong as this was an amazing building which had been around for many, many years.


Anyway more of that later. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shows what we know about each pther's reading habits bud ! I have 2 of those books here, you could have saved some pennies ! Helen x