Tuesday, July 29, 2008

See, I said I would be back soon!

I thought I had better post again or July is going to pass by completely as a very quiet month from me!

A couple of things you may be interested in...firstly I am no longer going to be taking classes at Craft Range at Burnley. I am quite happy about this as a few of the classes have been cancelled this year due to lack of support. I'm not sure why this is because we have also had some cracking classes as well. There were a couple of times that I had turned down retreat work or demos because I was booked at Craft Range and then the class was called off. It's a bit disappointing as well as being no good from a money aspect. I think the shop attracts more cardmakers than scrapbookers as we were going to do a Thursday scrapbooking class once a month as well and that never came off either.

They did open a shop in Barden Mill recently but that just didn't take off at all so the staff have now transfered to the main shop so they will obviously want to pay their own staff rather than an outsider, which you can well understand. Claire mentioned on the phone that 'she didn't want to fall out with me about it' which I found a bit odd. I don't know if she thought I only ever did classes at Craft Range and would be upset about it!

Anyway they are all lovely people and I wish them all the best in the future. I hope they manage to ride out the down turn in crafting which seems to be starting to hit at the moment. There are so many shops closing at the moment and I know of a few more who are heading the same way.

Secondly once I have sorted out my stock levels in the shop I will be having a massive clearance sale but until then I am listing lots of things on ebay at silly prices so make sure you grab yourselves a bargain! Check out woody530_0 and watch for more and more items to be added!

Back soon!

No comments: