Thursday, July 31, 2008

Balamory and the piper.

How good am I ? Posting three times in three days! That is definitely a record, I think.

Despite our Janet (we do such a lot of nattering!) coming round this afternoon I have managed to start scrapping some of our holiday photos ( in between doing commissioned work as well) and it was great fun to do this bright and cheerful double layout about our trip to Balamory!




We had a lovely day on the Isle of Mull. The hot and sunny weather and the whole cheerful atmosphere of the place made it joy to visit. The place is actually a town called Tobermory but the many children running round laughing and shouting would just not have believed you. They were quick and eager to pick out the houses of their favourite characters from the BBC tv program. Unfortunately as some of the houses were up a VERY steep hill there was no way my beta blockers would let me get up there to take all the photos I wanted but we had plenty to see anyhow.

Under the large photograph on the layout is a pocket tag which holds a map of 'Balamory' and my journalling about the visit.

Our drive down to Oban on the Wednesday was made even better by the still sunny weather and with the windows open it was easy to hear the first strains of the pipes. We both wondered who could be playing them out in the middle of no where. As we went round a bend we saw this lone piper with Loch Garry in the background along with some stunning scenery.

It was too good a photo opportunity to miss! He was very friendly and just continued playing while I got the best shot possible. On the layout I stayed with the colours in his kilt... red, black and blue. I also managed to find a few plaid buttons which finished it all off perfectly. The tag under the photograph holds my journalling.

So all in all a scrappy nattery day........perfect.

No comments: