Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now then where did July go?

So much for my good intentions in July! What with crops and classes and holidays it just flew past!

Helen and I took the shop up to the Leeds Paper Doll's weekend retreat in Cumbria and I have to say we had a really fun time and the ladies were great! They managed to bag some amazing bargains from the shop and I also showed them how to make a cute mini book in the afternoon class. Thanks ladies for a lovely day...oh and I mustn't forget those scrummy yummy cakes. How could I forget them? Amazing!

Whilst doing other classes and projects this month I have at least managed to find a bit of time for my own scrapping. I thought you would like to see my latest mini book. This is one for the boys...my stars! I decided to go with the black and white theme and had great fun with these Rusty Pickle papers. They are so versatile.





There are lots of different flaps and tags with hidden photos and messages throughout the book.



One of the things I really like about these papers is that they are so easy to add colour to. So if I get bored with the black & white theme I can just sit down with my pens and have a 'colouring in' evening. Then I would have a totally different looking mini book.

If you fancy having a go at one of these I have a few kits available with most of what you would need to complete one. These include chipboard covers, 6 12 x 12 papers, 2 12 x 12 Bazzill sheets, 2 large black card tags, 1 large black card arrow, 2 small white tags. Price: £8.50 inc postage & packing.

You can bind it with either book rings, ribbon or even a Bind-it-all. This is one of those projects that you really enjoy adding your own bits to. I love the chunkiness of it.I only have a few left from my class as they sold so well that I doubt they will hang about long so just add a comment with your email addy and I will send you a paypal invoice.

That's all for now but I will be back soon...I promise!

3 comments:

misteejay said...

What a fab book - really love this.

Toni :o)

Jill T said...

Love this book. Would there be any instructions with the kit?

Julie said...

Jill, I can easily add some instructions for making it up if you want. Obviously a lot of it will be down to your own photos and ideas but I can show you where and how I added the tags and lift up flaps.