Sunday, June 28, 2009

Long hot days!

Yes, it looks, and feels like summer is here at last! Another long hot sunny day today with it predicted to get hotter and hotter as the week goes on. I think I will be staying inside and doing some scrapping in my free time as I'm afraid I don't 'do' heat well. I like the weather to be hot but just as long as I am not outside in it! I really feel for my niece Sarah at the moment. She is 40+ weeks pregnant with her second child, lives down south where it is even hotter and is really getting fed up now. My sister has gone down to keep her company and try to help out where ever she can but unfortunately even she can't make this baby come any sooner! Hopefully we will not have to wait much longer before the action starts!

I've managed to find some time to do a bit of scrapping and have started on some of the holiday photos. Here are a couple of the Jacobite Steam train which does a return trip most days between Fort William and Mallaig. It's a very impressive sight as it pulls into the station and stops with a real huff and puff and a release of steam!



Thomas is not happy that he has yet to be asked for proof of age. He has been carrying his card around with him in the hope someone would query his age now he is actually 18. Even the pub he is always turned away from just let him walk in the other night. Perhaps living in a small rural town where most peole know everyone else....and their age....could have something to do with it! Here he is ready to take on the 'grown up' part of life!


All exams are out of the way now and all course work handed in, finance in place and accomodation sorted as much as possible, so now it is time to play the waiting game. They are both happy bunnies at the moment but I can see all that changing as August 20th draws near. Confidence will hit rock bottom in both of them and they will be replanning their futures....just in case! I will just be exactly the same as always. Calm on the outside and all jingly jangly on the inside until the night of the 19th when I will just fall apart with worry.

So until then I had better just get on with some scrapping to take my mind off things! :)

No comments: