Saturday, February 07, 2009

Bringing back the hurt.

A friend has just lost her father unexpectedly. I went round to see her with some flowers to bring a slight point of brightness to her days and a bottle of wine to get blasted with. As you can imagine she is heart broken and the pain was so raw in her eyes. How I remember that feeling! My own dad died 7 years ago now and I can still remember the overwhelming pain of it all. I was totally unaware of how much it was going to hurt and his death was expected. It must be so much worse for her as they had no idea this was going to happen.

It's a physical hurt, deep inside and even now I still think about my dad at some point every day. The pain does ease, I don't cry for him now, but it never goes completely. Like me, my friend has family around so they can help each other travel this dark road. And me? Well I shall remember her in my prayers and also thank God that I have been there, done that and because of this knowledge I can offer her a shoulder to cry on or an arm to lean on when or if she wants them.

Anyway on a lighter note, John has been offered a job at Sainsbury's. It is only a few hours a week but it is a start and there is usually plenty of overtime going. He starts the weekend after next so that will be another change in our lives. There seem to have been so many lately. Never mind, it would be boring if everything always stayed the same! I start training someone to do my payroll job on Monday so that will be great. I can finally concentrate on learning more about my new role. I'm surprised how much I have actually picked up in the past few weeks even just doing a bit here and there. I must still have some functioning brain cells!

I managed to get a cracking photo of Samhara and Thomas last week. She looks so innocent and angelic but I don't know what she has done to him to cause that amount of pain.....or should I just guess!!!!



Anyway I'm off to do a bit more painting in the bathroom. John has been working really hard on it over the past couple of weeks and it is now nearly finished. It looks amazing and I am really pleased with it all. I've even managed to paint three canvases for the wall to match the wall paper. They aren't on the wall yet so may end up in the bin if they don't look right!

Bye for now and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about John at Sainsbury's and love the pic of Tom !
Helen x

Carole Bryson said...

Congratulations to John on his new job - it must be a relief for him !

Know exactly how you and your friend are feeling about losing a dad. I lost mine 20 years ago, and not a day goes past when I don't think of him.

love to you both xx